Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mommy and the kiddos go on a Trip!

So as you all know we made it to Nevada just fine, from my previous blog you might have thought I just slept after that LONG 16 hour drive TO Nevada, but nope, not me. I kept going and going just like the energizer bunny, or like Rian just after he wakes up for a nap ;)



Thursday was us getting the house ready, cleaned and such for my little sisters graduation party. Nothing to monumental, but then we woke up on Friday and that is when the fun began. Friday morning was already threatening us with rain and since we knew the rain and wind was making the town freezing, and the graduation was outside, I decided to make a trip to get Rian a sweater. What a mistake. We drove all the way to Carson City and went to my mecca: Target. Hehe. They didn't have ONE sweater for a baby, and all they had was long sleeve onesies. So we bought a pack, and since it was 12 months, I know for a fact he will not be wearing them again. So sad, cause he actually looked really cute with long sleeves under his little man shirt.



We went to the graduation and it was FREEZING!!! I mean COLD. The wind was cold, the air was cold. EVERYTHING was cold. So what do we do when it gets cold you ask and you are trying not to focus on things. We take pics! LOL. Then of course we waited for Ashleys ceremony to start. I still don't understand the hoopla. I get its a HUGE day, but man, when it's cold you would think they would just hand over the diploma's and get the heck out of there! Of course not, so we sat for a couple hours (nearly 3 to be exact), listened to speeches, jokes and then also joked around as our families ADD kicked in and we got bored quickly. haha. I know, what great adult examples we are. After her ceremony we quickly headed home to grub down and get our party on. So much fun.





I had to post this pic because we took one LAST YEAR at Amy's Graduation and we all looked so different. I was more saddened because all of THEM looked MORE grown up! This pic is of me, Amy, Ashley and our Cousin Georgia!



Saturday morning, we drove to Cali to hang out with my family and friends over there. Along the way we picked up my little "big" bro Gabe from Davis and dragged him down to Napa as well. On our way into town we met up with my bestie Mel and stopped at Mary's to enjoy a wondrous salad and breadsticks. Gawd, that is the one place I miss the absolute mostest. I have no idea why, I mean its not THAT great...or is it?!?! OH wait it is that great. So great that that night at 830pm I ordered a veggie pizza to take home for my Hubby and yes...he gobbled it all up in two days. Silly guy.




Saturday we also had a bbq. We invited some friends and fam over (Tiffany, Gabe, Noah, Aaden, Melody, Peyten as well as my in-laws, Rudy and Jackie...still kinda funny to be able to say that...hehe) and we all enjoyed burgers, dessert and singing me happy birthday (totally on key of course) and just catching up. It was sad that it was such a short trip but it was totally jam packed with fun.







Sunday we left around 9am and headed off for our trip. The kids did so stinking good, so much better than the way down, and so at the grapevine we decided to stop for Starbucks...and not to long after they were all hopped up on sugar (rian's cup was empty...but he LOVES it anyways)...





They quickly ended up crashing out. So cute.



The trip was fun, but that is the LAST road trip I take without RC for A LONGGGGGG time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails