Thursday, June 4, 2009

Longest Drive to Nevada

So we went on a road trip to Nevada after Rian's last doctor appt. on Wednesday. By the way, he is 22 lbs 4 oz and is 28.25 inches long. He is doing great and they doc even told us his previously abnormally huge head is now the right size for his body. Haha. So now its just his cheeks that make him look huge. hehe.

Anyways, we went on our drive and the normal 11 to MAYBE 12 hour drive took me 16 hours and I nearly passed out once all was said and done. LOL. I got to my mom's house and slept for a whopping 3 hours. I know what you're thinking...

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF...

The answer is that it is for my sisters High School graduation which I wouldn't have missed for anything in the world.

The kids were actually amazing, we just took a long stop for dinner (which all the kids fell asleep after and continued to sleep all the way to our destination), and we also hit a HUGE hail/rain storm in Barstow which I wanted to wait out. I know. Paranoid mom, it's not like no one has ever driven in the hail before, but I figure better safe than sorry.

The great part is we made it, the kids were swell and we are now just enjoying a great time with my fam up here in Nevada. Can't wait for my sis to graduate tomorrow...here are a few pics until then.






2 comments:

  1. Aww! Rian is sporting his new hairdo again! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got there safe and sound. I would have stopped for the hail too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails