Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy Fathers Day...wait...what...

So as you all know, RC works TONS of hours and it just so happened that he was off this Sunday. So a week early we celebrated Fathers Day for him. I know, random but he enjoyed it...I think. Haha.

So we started the day off and we got him a 'dad' frame along with a King of the Remote trophy (along with ALL day privileges of being the ONLY one to use the remote). Oh the joys of being a daddy!




Then we decided that going to lunch and hanging out would be fun, so we did that. We headed over to 5 and Diner where dad decided that he enjoyed hearing mom sing to all the oldies. I know, I am odd, but I totally dig the oldies!! When we got there, I was immediately mesmerized by "big girls don't cry" from one of my all time favorite movies, Dirty Dancing. Hehe. so I guess dad got his other fathers day wish. LOL. After that we were going to take pics with him and the kids at Picture People, since we have this cool membership where we constantly get free picture sheets and such we figured why not, but once the day wore on we were totally "over it" but not before we took the BOYS to get hair cuts. So Rian, whose mohawk I made sort of crooked, got cleaned up and daddy got his hair cut to. We tried to get him to shave it but he was not for it. Rian went first, and here is a cute pic of the boys "bonding" in the hair cut chair :)




After the hair cut session Dad wanted to BBQ some steak and potatoes. Sooo, we went down to the grocery store, got us some yummy steaks, baked potatoes and such and went home and relaxed and bbq'd everything up. We topped off the dinner with some Bruschetta (thanks Tiff for the recipe) and some Brownies. I was so proud of the Bruschetta that even Dad whom HATES tomatoes tried it and said it was pretty good!! Either he is a good liar or he actually liked it. hehe.



All in all the day went pretty good. I hope RC/Dad enjoyed his day, his brownies, his boy bonding time, his steak and of course the drink he had while washing it all down :) Love you hunny!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Fun day! Hey.... RC doesn't drink beer. What the heck? Glad you tried the recipe, I can't wait until our tomatoes are all grown up so we can make it too. It is WAY good with garden fresh tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails