Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rian is HOME!!!

Yesterday we got discharged from the hospital. We took him home around 10 or so and it was great. He was so excited to see outside and smell the fresh air and then we shut all the windows to keep the cold out. Haha. He is going to have to accept being bundled up more and mommy fussing over him constantly. NOT that I don't already but it will get worse I am sure.

All day when he would cough we would pound on his back like they would in the hospital. This helps to break up any last reminents and he sounds great. His coughs are getting clearer and clearer and his demeanor is well...back to normal. He was back to wanting to roughhouse with his sisters, and eating normal and of course throwing fits just as expected EVERY time we told him no. Man, he sure got used to getting his way during his stay in the hospital!

We are still not giving him very much milk to help with keeping him less "flemmy" sorry guys for the grossness. So we are sticking to lots of water and ugh...juice. I am not a fan of juice but we are finding alternates that have a little bit of something in them, like propel or gatorade or whatever has NOT to much sugar. If you know what we went through and are still going through with Carina you will know why I have such an aversion to giving babies and toddlers juice and such.

Speaking of, today I have to take her to the dentist, this should be fun.

Well that is how our life is going right now, Rian is "healthy" and we only have one more day of antibiotics to give him, he takes it pretty well so thats good! Now if I could just fight this cold that I am starting to get...cause until I do my snuggle time with Rian is cut way low to avoid him getting sick any more!

Thanks everyone again, for all your thoughts, I will keep ya posted AND post some of the last pics from the hospital stay. Dad has the camera in his car today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails