Monday, January 11, 2010

I want a redo!

So instead of writing just blank paragraphs about a bunch of babbling here I will start from Wednesday night of last week:

Wednesday NIGHT:

I feel kinda yucky but nothing that SEEMS like it will keep me from work. ALSO Rian has shown some discomfort when we change his diaper and if you all know me at all we have a tendency to over worry when it comes to him. SO we kept a close eye and watched what it was that bothered him and basically it was any touching at all soft or not in his "boy" area when we changed his diaper. He would SCREAM and cry. NOT good. Got a call at 930pm that someone was going to be out sick and I figured, GREAT, here goes, work early, but of course one of my amazing employees went in early and stepped up, thank goodness cause that leads us to where all the FUN (enter sarcasm) begins)

Thursday:

I am feeling HORRID, call the doc, find out my issues, but thats besides the point, I ask them about Rian's symptoms and am redirected to call his doc. SO I do. I call his doc, and they make me an appt at 1115 and said DON'T BE LATE, this is VERY important. Of course I had already told them the symptoms and I knew it wasn't good when they made me talk to the Triage Nurse for the doctors office. So by now Im stressed out (my issues, which I will explain later are getting worse) and I am not even dressed for the day, since I planned on SLEEPING a majority of it. We go to the doctor, Rian is acting SUPER normal and keep in mind that before he was normal as well and ONLY irritable at Diaper changes. Well then I get called into the doc's office after sitting in the waiting area with a REALLY annoying little girl taking all the toys from Rian. UGH I hate when parents have NO control over their kids. We get him in there, explain his symptoms, temp is normal (for him...which is normally around 96.5) and the nurse is TOTALLY impressed at how big he is. To this day I haven't seen him around a kid HIS age so I figure he must be tall or something since he kinda makes Neya look like a dwarf :) Anywho, back to the story. So the doc comes in, and instead of making him stay on the table she has me take off his pants and diaper and starts to poke around, which makes him scream. OKAY, here is where i start using "health class" type lingo...so stop reading if it might make you uncomfy. Apparently she can't find his left testacle and this can be one of two things. A hurnea, which is where the little tube or whatever twists and pulls it back inside, and stops the blood circulation which is BAD, or its that his little testacle has "retracted" which can happen due to anger, fear or severe cold. Weird right, who knew so much went on with that "area". NOw of course I am freaking out, start to cry right there in the doctors office as she tells me they will most likely have to do a procedure on him at ER, and that she is RUSHING me over there, and that the doctor will be waiting. I call RC, pick him up and we rush down there, make arrangements for the girls and are thinking about all the things Rian does that could cause EITHER situation. This leads to many things of course, he moves EVERYTHING, regardless of its weight, tries to carry EVERYTHING and we scared the beejeeezus out of him at the coyotes game (read previous post) with the mascot and OMG, we started to feel like this was all our fault. Ugh.

So we get to ER, they out us right in a room, the nurse comes in does all the normal tests, and then the doc comes in about 35-45 minutes later, who keeps track when sitting there with a toddler, we were just in "keep you entertained" mode. The doc comes in and puts him in a gown which makes me terrified, clearly they are getting him ready for a "procedure" and then he feels around and tells us. Rian is FINE. WHAT! He shows us both his little testacles (sorry ladies for getting graphic) and says he is FINE. It still hurts but he says whatever it was may have fixed himself. I can tell by the look on his face that he can tell I AM NOT PLEASED with his findings. I mean, CHRIST my son was in SUPER pain but now he is telling me he is fine? Hrm. So he keeps the ultrasound, and to make a long story short, another 1.5 hours later we get the results and Rian is fine...still...WHAT...and we are in WATCH mode to see if it gets worse or happens again. Both RC and I have been on the edge of our seats and MY GOODNESS can we possibly have ANY more stress from this kid (keep in mind we have a heart appointment scheduled for tomorrow at 1015 JOY).

So we drive, home, I am STILL feeling horrible, and to spare you details my issue was...okay here is a TMI moment, but why not, no one reads this anyways, I had SEVERE dehydration and....constipation. I know. So embarrassing. Ugh so my fix was drink a lot of water and well...do the deed.

Friday:

I am in watch mode with Rian and he seems fine. All I want to do is go to sleep and pretend I am normal but of course that is not possible. Rian has better diaper changes and even though sometimes he was irritable it was mostly his "new reaction". Yes at 15 months my son knows how to "fake" being sick. He has mastered sneezes, coughs and well...being fussy. OH WAIT, that last one is a true talent of any toddler. I should have known. Anywho, Friday night comes and Carina's Nana is in town which for some reason I swear, I forgot due to being sick but it came just in time, two kids is easier than 3 but at this point I would have given ANYTHING to have no kids that night since I was still doubled over in pain. UGH. Rina got picked up and the house was actually pretty quiet. I also made us go out to eat since I was NOT picking up fast food wrappers or cleaning dishes, and dinner made me feel...well...worse. Yes I know, why did I even bother.

Saturday:

I had only Neya and Rian and if you know me I hate for my kids to feel left out in any way so I decided to suck it up and head out for about an hour that day since Neya had been GREAT all day so far. She helped with Rian, she let me sleep in, she was GREAT. I took her to Target we got her an art thing to do while i rested and we went to Lowes which was on the way home to get Rian a closet rod, see I don't leave any of the kids out. haha. By the time we got home. Rian was passed out and Neya took straight to the table to do her art work. It was great. I slept for an hour and when I woke up she was STILL at that table GOOD AS COULD BE. I must have had luck on my side or MAJOR sympathy from my kids cause stuff like that never happens. I wake up around 2 and I decide that I feel about 80% so I clean out our hall closet to fit all the garage stuff so that RC can turn the garage into a boys room (we are getting a pool table from his friend apparently) and well that went off great to, Neya EVEN helped clean it out! OMG. SHE must have been sick. Saturday evening rolls around and i TOTALLY forgot I had mentioned to Carina's Nana that we should do dinner. So of we went to dinner once RC got home. ANOTHER big mistake. Long story short, dinner was a ton of fun. I came home, felt HORRIBLE. UGH.

Sunday:

We wake up, I actually feel about 90% but I was up all night tending to my BUSINESS, if ya know what I mean. WINK WINK. TMI alert. Haha. RC woke up in a GREAT mood and although I was still feeling gassy and bloated and yucky we had a good day. We got our washer and dryer in, did some cleaning, hung out, watched some movies, did some other errands, and all day we only had ONE kid cause Nana and Tata took BOTH the girls to the Zoo. What a great day to start feeling better. SO nice.

NOW, I know I got a little lazy on the writing towards the end of this post but in all of this there is ANOTHER story that brewed.

Wednesday. Hung out with Butters (one of our cats) and let him out to go roam the neighborhood.

Thursday. Feeling sick, RC asks me that night if I had SEEN butters since the night before. NOPE. S&*T!

Friday. STILL no butters. Ugh. Start to panic

Saturday. STILL no butters, and in between all my issues and just being TIRED we walk the neighborhood, me and Neya and Rian with cat food and our best "kitty kitty" calls belting out.

Sunday. Decided I was to make signs at work the next day and HOPEFULLY find him, he NEVER leaves for more than a day and ALWAYS came back at night. Im scared.

Monday (today). I get in the car for work. Who darts out. BUTTERS! I run back in the house and up the stairs, in my FOUR inch heels for work, and grab the bag of food, run back down the stairs YELLING at RC, I SAW BUTTERS! I go outside (at 625am and DARK as can be ALL around the neighborhood) and start shaking the bag of food (still in my heels) and running across the street yelling, here kitty kitty, and probably pissing off ALL my neighbors. He won't come to me. I feel HORRIBLE. Put the cat food back, tell RC, no luck head to work, call RC tell him what happened and how scared Butters looked and then he opens the door and in comes Butters who RUNS up the stairs and scarfs down a ton of food. MY GOODNESS. I swear. We are buying a collar, an id tag and NOT letting him outside for A WHILE (if we can keep him from bolting out on his own).

So like I stated in the title of the blog. CAN I GET A REDO. What a heck of a last few days we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails