Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hitter...

So we have a situation and I'm not sure how to handle it.

As you all know we have three lovely kids, great kids by most people's standards but recently HITTING has began to run rampid in our house.

Case 1: A previous blog was the girls hitting one another, and then one of them tattling and then they both get in trouble. So far this seems to have fixed that dilemma because neither of them wants to be in trouble EVER, especially because they were a tattler or because they didn't just DO THE RIGHT THING by using common sense and just tattling on the offender. Instead. Our kids decided to partake in the hitting THEN tattle. OYE!

Case 2: Rian hits. He hits when he gets frustrated. Its soo annoying. He also does it when he gets excited. I have never been a spanker, and I think it TOTALLY defeats the purpose to tell him "don't hit" then slap his hands. So instead we have adopted telling him "be nice boy" or " that is a boy boy, no hitting" and we move his hand and then whom ever he hits we rub their face with his hand and say "nice boy" okay this seems like a SUPER silly thing now that I am writing it and of course re-reading it but what else can I do. Ugh.

Does time out work at this age? Do they even KNOW they are in trouble. Is what I am doing the best thing right now since he DOES listen but he still goes and repeats his action. Boo. I need help.

If for some reason there are any silent readers who can offer some advice, please dish it over. I need some quickly. This boy seems to think he is the boss, the girls learn, he pushes buttons. can it be, that my most difficult child is my smallest one. haha. NO WAY, the middle child is still our pain. We LOVE her. She just whines for darn near everything. maybe she will grow out of that to, just in time to become a teenager.

Woe is me. HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails