Monday, September 20, 2010

Phew...and the weekend is over!

So I think this weekend marked the last weekend till Carina's birthday that we have anything going on. Let me tell you, since we have been back in CA, EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND Has been packed with stuff that has gone on and this weekend was no exception.

Saturday:

We woke up early and the whole house was showered and cleaned up by around 930, BUT then of course life took over and then it all (by it I mean the SH1T) hit the fan. Rian was running around all morning taking not one tumble. But then I put on his new shoes, can you believe he is in a size 7 now, and he falls while walking and eating raisins! He fell right into the corner of our hall and needless to say he got his first bloody nose and fat lip. He took it pretty well considering all he was worried about was that his raisins fell everywhere!

After that I had to get him changed (due to blood spillage) get his bag ready (which was supposed to get done when he so rudely interrupted me with an injury) and then I realized CRAP,I have two...YES TWO...birthdays to get to and no damn camera charged! Ugh. So me, being the unorganized person I am, opted to leave the camera at home for the first party (sorry Sophia) and was going to come home to pick it up for the second party (Noah and Aadens) because I knew momma Tiff was probably not going to be able to take many pics.

Anywho, we went to the first party and it was fun. Of course Carina got there and was like "when are we eating" so Stephanie was nice enough to rush her hubby to cook some hot dogs. I swear you would think we never feed our kids. Ugh! Needless to say we got through cake and food and even a few popped balloons. I am pretty sure the balloons were attacking all the guests, but not to fret Sophia's sissy protected us all by popping nearly half of them with her teeth! SAVAGE! Hehe. Either way it was nice to hang with good friends during their little one's special day :)

THEN off to Noah and Aadens party but first I had to pick up our camera. This is where the crappy planning comes in. I didn't look at google maps to see where the other party was at but of course, after driving all the way across town to get my camera I realized..wow...we get to go RIGHT BACK to where we just were. LOL. Wasted gas and polluted the earth (sorry earth!) but we made it and were only 30 minutes late. Goodness! We got there and we saw cute Elmo cakes but more importantly we saw the birthday boys. They were so cute in their little shirts and man oh man were there a lot of people there! Talk about being loved! We stayed for nearly everything, but there were other photographers there to so I mostly tended to my crazy son because my crazy ALMOST TEEN was to busy mingling with other kids her age to help me out. Sheesh, why have more than one kid if they aren't going to help you! She ended up getting bullied by one of the kids that was there (whom we don't know very well outside of the fact that I went to school with her mom) and Carina ended up helping mostly so she had an excuse to NOT be around the older kids. My poor baby, she is a pretty sweet kid and isn't used to kids with crappy attitudes and no respect. She had a few tears but luckily we rarely see those folks so we shouldn't be in that sitch again anytime soon!

The rest of the day was good, but we had to leave around 315 to take Carina to her friends house (another crazy party cut short). We took her to her friends house and I thought...wow...I might have a nice quiet evening and it was for the most part. Until RIGHT when I got into a good sleep and my phone rang because Carina needed her inhaler. UGH! I swear, that kid, she NEVER thinks to take it anywhere, but will swear up and down its in her purse at all times. I ended up just picking her up in case she needed her nebulizer and by midnight I was back asleep and then Sunday was Free to roll in!

Sunday:

RC actually got to stay home for the day and it was pretty nice. We lounged around until about 1130, ate waffles for breakfast, and at 1130 RC helped my dad work on my bro's car and the boat and me and the kids went out to get a gift (yes a gift) for my cousin Jose's SURPRISE b-day party. He turned 40 this year which is insane. I never felt like we were that far apart but perhaps thats because he always had a way of making me feel like an equal to him no matter the age difference or place in my life. I love that guy, he is amazing and a great person to look up to! So glad my kids now get to know him and his family a lot better! Anywho, we got him a gift and OF COURSE as we were out something ridiculous happened. Rian got this party favor at the first party we went to Saturday and I thought I hid it from him but apparently not well enough. It was a water thing that had little toys inside. Rian decided to bite it and got water not only all over himself, but his sister, his carseat and my seats! I had to pull a quick "pull over" move, grab wipes, clean it all up and take the toy away which resulted in tears and screaming by my unhappy 2 year old. Haha. Of course, never a dull moment.

Once that was all done we got home, got changed...yes I said CHANGED...because it was a hawaiian theme party and I hate dressing up so I took out about a million outfits. Haha. Got dressed, left the house, stopped for drinks on the way and went to the party. It was fun, they had food from Ono's Hawaiian BBQ (haven't had that since Phoenix) and we did Pinatas, drank, ate and were all together merry. We opened gifts and then we bailed out because we STILL had to get one kid showered before school and get lunches made etc.

Thankfully this is I THINK The last weekened we have a ton of plans and I am soo excited for that because I was REALLY starting to miss AZ and my lowkey weekends of doing nothing unless I REALLY wanted to. RC admitted last night that he also misses AZ but doesn't tell me as often as I tell him because he doesn't want to give me a reason to say "I told you so" or get mad at him all over again for making me move. Truth be told, it really isn't as bad here as I thought it would be, it is just different. We don't have as many chill quiet family nights, we haven't had as many chill weekends and we don't have our friends that would just chill with us to, not that our CA friends don't chill but since we have been back its been hectic! I am looking forward to some relaxing weekends, a trip back to AZ maybe and making new memories, after all it doesn't really matter where you it matters who you are making the memories with!

We miss you AZ family but we can't lie and say we aren't enjoying our time here with our CA family...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails