Monday, September 13, 2010

Party. Party! PARTY!!!



Holy smokes this weekend was filled with lots of birthday happenings. CRAZY!

First it all started when I got off work at 430pm Friday and headed to the store for last minute stuff and then home for some cooking. I am a typical Facebook Junky but for this event I totally pt FB on the backburner from the second I got off work till I was all done with the party and got down to business.

I went home and started making pasta salad, potato salad and BAKING LOTS OF CUPCAKES oh and a cake! Yeah what was I thinking!Goodness! I was going and going until about 11 and then I went to bed and got up at 630 and did the same thing over again. Just kidding. I was the most proud of Rians cake and cupcakes. I wouldn't normally bust my hump on this but I LOVE to make the birthday cakes for the fam and so it worked out perfectly. So much fun, I may come up with another idea next year to!

When I woke up at 630 it was time to start setting up, cleaning chairs, getting balloons blown up and making sure that all things were in order!

Funny story for the day of the party...We had ordered some balloons to match the party that had number 2's on them and then some other orange ones that were just orange. I took them down at 9am to get blown up and they said it would be better to wait till closer to the party time to blow them up as the float time is only 4-5 hours. I said thanks and went on my way. My Bro's took Carina to get some reeds for her Clarinet and to pick up the balloons, they came home, tied them to the bbq outside and I took 3 out of the pile to go put them on the mailbox for party guests to see and as I was walking back up from doing my task I saw the WHOLE BUNCH OF BALLOONS floating away (not the ones I put on the mailbox, but the other 20 that were attached to the BBQ!). I couldn't do anything but laugh about it and to be honest it was funny...I mean what is the luck!

Anywho, the party started at 1 and it was roasting, we were in the back yard and there was hardly any shade so we ended up going out front half way through and taking all the items up there and in hindsight we should have done this to begin with but oh well. We had a bounce house that my cousin was so kind to let us borrow and we BBQ'd and we had fun. We rushed it a bit as we knew half the party had to head out as they all had other parties to tend to (apparently it was a good party day!) and the good part was that they got to see the crucial parts like cake eating, present opening etc.

I didn't get as many pics as I would have liked, in fact there isn't one pic of me, RC and Rian or even a family pic on Rians birthday. Kind of a bum deal but it happens. Next time I will just demand I have someone take some really good pics. My uncle had the camera and snapped a few but a good amount of them all came out blurry. Oh well, its the thought...THANKS NINO!









After the party we did clean up, and had a really late dinner from Taqueria as my bro was heading home the next day and hadn't gotten to it yet. He came out from the midwest to pick up a car and to of course, celebrate Rians birthday with us! Very nice! First time in a while that we have all been together at my parents house so we took a quick pic before he headed out to watch his old band play a gig in Vallejo.


Sunday we headed out to Noah and Aaden's house to celebrate their 1st birthday at their family party, yeah you read that right...we were invited to the FAMILY party, we are soon in!!!! My goodness I cannot believe they are 1! Soo crazy! THey are moving and talking and just give all sorts of loves and they have grown into such big boys. Makes me happy to know we are here now and get to enjoy them growing up, gotta admit, I love it when they put their hands up for Aunty Drea!

I was lucky enough to be deemed the "picture taker" for the day and wouldn't have had it any other way. Hopefully Momma Tiff got some good pics outta the bunch that I took and gets to use them to remember this very special day! We love you guys...and next time we are going to get OUR burgers from Andy's to! YUMM-O!

Now no more details, we are going to just post some more pics! Yes there are more pics of this party than Rians party, but hey, there are TWO kids and I was the one snapping the pics so of course I got a TON! Hehe.












OH and yes I have to post one...a pic of Rian at Noah and Aadens party...you guessed it...playing with cars!

Now for next weekend when we go to Noah and Aadens BIG party. I had one gift idea in mind but NOW I think I am going to change my mind...oh how shopping for boy toys is soo much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails