Thursday, April 15, 2010

Woot!

So I have a couple things to update on here about. First things first, it is day 4, technically, without RC being here and let me tell ya. I put on a good front, because to see me or talk to me you would believe strongly that I am doing fine and that in fact it hasn't been hard at all. When actually, I am a wreck inside. If it weren't for my hectic schedule I may actually show my emotion or even have the time to have a nervous break down. Haha. I mean, it's not really that bad, the girls and I have gotten into a great routine, as have the boy and I amd to be honest I am lucky that I think they know me well enough to understand that they either help out or there will be lots of tears and yelling. Haha.

So first things first. My work officially knows that I am going out to NorCal. I was hesitant to tell them at first cause there is always two things that can happen and that is that you either train a replacement and get let go or they have you train someone and then find a place for you. Granted, I have been here for what seems like forever, but regardless you sometimes never know the decisions that will come about and that makes it even scarier for you talk to them. Good news, work has decided to find a spot for me, may be the janitor in our NorCal office but hey at least its a position (of course that was sarcasm). Actually I spoke with the owner of the company, one of my fave folks here due to his honesty and obvious passion see not only his company but his employees succeed and live his vision, and anyways, he said they are seriously considering a position equivalent to what I have out here, starting in our CA office! WOOHOO! How exciting would that be. I would be ECSTATIC. Of course it would mean we are a ways away from me being a stay at home mom, but it would also mean I could work and still feel like I didn't give up my whole career for this move. Not that I would entirely regret it, but it is nice to know I do have an option for sure in place. So yeah, that is the first good news.

As a side note to the work thing, last night I was deemed an "unsung hero" at our work which means that folks nominated me for a bigger award (PRIDE Award) but I fell just short was voted enough to be recognized. Its like the runner up award to the Grammy. I know, makes it sound lame but it was actually pretty cool and I scored a $50 gift card out of it. CHA CHING!

Okay now onto the REALLY exciting news. RC scored a carwash! WOOT! We were talking about how he would start in the Concord area but it seems that he actually found one in Napa which was REALLY cool. He will be able to have less of a commute, which is AWESOME, cause the price of gas is insane out there in CA and it makes it so we can look at some other areas as far as living situations. Of course I have to take into consideration where my office will be, where his office will be and then of course where has the best schools. SOO, it still leaves a lot up in the air but I am proud of him for getting it going and landing his first wash. So the Glass Company is officially started and he will begin to start the process, fall into his own rythym and eventually get some guys under him so that he can start to work in a true "manager/owner" type of role. WOOT!

So yeah, that is the deal these days. We rely on Skype and our DVR'd shows to keep us busy in the downtime and we got Netflix to so that when RC finds that perhaps he has no plans he can watch a movie on his laptop. Technology these days. AMAZING. Hehe.

That is it so far for us and stay posted as we are running/walking in the Pat Tillman Run this weekend with the Troj family!

To end this here is a pic of RC on Skpe with Phoenix, Gabe and Tiff's dog.

1 comment:

  1. Woot woot is right!!!! To both you and RC!!! I cannot believe how well RC did his first day. How can we get in on this deal? tehehehehehe!!! To you....... AWESOME! How cool would that be????? Maybe things are starting to fall into place. Love the Phoenix pic, poor Phoenix is so neglected now with the boysies. Let me know if you need any help researching cities, etc. I SOOOOO love to do stuff like that. I am heading to Santa Rosa next week for a work thing. Maybe I can take a peek around that area for you. Where will your office be? LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails