Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 1. Over!

So I should have known it was going to be a fun first day when the night before not only did we go to bed late but we were up most the night. In fact RC said it perfectly "I don't even know if I slept last night" haha. So this morning when I successfully woke up on time I should have known that would be the only thing that went right. I took a shower (ignoring the fact that RC was packed and the suuitcases were by the bed) and i hopped out. Got dressed, weighed myself (simply to torture myself) got dressed and then it all started. Blew dry my hair, and then I decided to wake Rian up. He woke up alright. Coughing and totally quiet except for the few grunts (I mean words)that he muffled out. He was having a heck of a time breathing so we took him downstairs and started a breathing treatment. Of course he watched cartoons and gave RC that sad little "do you really wanna leave ur sick boy all alone" look that kids of all ages master so well. Needless to say he sounded a little better. Still had no fever or boogies so we took him to daycare. Hey don't judge me, someones gotta bring home the bacon. Haha. Anywho. The girls of course wished RC farewell, Carina sobbed and made him feel extra horrible while Neya counter acted by hugging RC's leg and saying all nonchalantly "see you later dad, Iam going to ride my 2 wheeler to school". Ha. Oh yes. I haven't told blogger nation...Neya knows how to ride a two wheeler! Daddy taught her :) Anywho. The day went on only to come home to no husband and a baby that was still breathing poopy. So I cooked dinner, fed the kids, gave him a breathing treatment and of course, it didn't help. Why would it have. That would have made things way too simple. So I head to Goodnight Pediatrics (keep in mind I actually had a doc appt in the am...but was to impatient to wait it out...I have a heart baby what do you expect!). So. Anywho, I get there after leaving the girls with Ashley and Austin (man once they leave I'm screwed...on occasions like this) and they take us back after like nano seconds. They diagnose him with croupe, after of course he screamed as they took his oxygen level (he was at 95/96) and give him a dose of steroids and then...send us home! Yep a doc appt. That lasted shorter than a week long hospital stay! Yikes! Somebody pinch me. Haha. All in all our first daddyless day was quite eventful and don't worry...RC has successfully made it to CA! Yay! That is all for now...sorry for the lack of paragraphs, I am actually blogging this from my email as I lay in bed on my cell phone listening to my son snore as loud as a tractor. Oh how I love my life...no...seriously, I do!!

Signing off,
Husbandless wife

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails