Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Neya's 6th Birthday "Sleepover"

So here is how it all went down. The weekend before Neya's birthday (the first weekend that RC was gone) she asked me WHAT we were going to do for her birthday. Well, actually it was more of a "do you even know it's my birthday" type of question. As my first weekend with RC gone I realized...I NEED TO STAY BUSY! So off we went to the stores to get invites, decorations and other stuff that of course we probably didn't need but I felt of course that we had to had. SUCH AS, goody bags, noise makers, birthday hats, Neya's own princess hat and so on. I decided why not do a sleepover so....off went the invitations and in came the RSVP's. The one thing I forgot in the midst of it all...HELLO...I WAS ALONE! Haha. It was the one weekend ALL my friends had plans out here so I had to go at it alone. LUCKY for me Shawn had some stuff going on on this side of town and he headed over before the party (brought us our fave mexican food) and even helped with the trip to the park. PHEW.

The day of the party we woke up EXTRA early and headed off to the stores to pick up the last of the snacks and even pick up balloons so that everyone knew where we lived. Of course, of course something not necessary but I felt we just had to have it. Birthdays are always the fun part.

During the party we had 8 kids in our house and 2 grown ups for half the time. Shawn left just after a few rounds of Freeze Dance (I think the Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack got to him) and the kids were just getting started. They played outside, they played tag AND hide and seek and they also watched a movie and of course had cake, candy and popcorn! The whole night was great, they were up at 545am..yep you read that right and actually they were in great spirits. We had donuts for breakfast, well Carina and I had potatoes and bacon. Haha chubbies! All in all the night and day was great. After everyone left at 9 we went for a 3.5 hour bike ride and that ended our second weekend without our beloved hunny and dad.

Here are some pics. Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. How FUN!! Looks like Rian enjoyed the par-tay as well! The birthday girl looked SUPER, SUPER happy with her big day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails