Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our First Weekend Minus Daddy!

So Friday was a very welcome friend as far as my body and mind were concerned until of course it became a reality. So let me just lay out the weekend so far, starting with Friday!

Friday morning we all woke up a bit late, the girls mostly but I was about 10 minutes behind, no worries, usually I can pick up those extra minutes in the time it takes me to get ready so I wasn't really worried. I went to wake up Carina and she almost jumped out of bed when she realized it was 623am. Do note, a 10 year old once they realize what a straightener and blow dryer and hair accessories are takes about an extra 20 minutes to plan out their "look" for the day. UGH! So she gets ready I finish getting ready, Rian is still fast asleep and Neya, well, she is TRYING to get up. We have had a pretty good routine so I'm not to worried about her at this time, but Friday she tested me. First tears, first frustrated "please do this for mommy without a fuss" conversation and after about 15 minutes she was dressed and even had her hair brushed! WOOT! Rian on the other hand had his first breakdown and I think that is when I realized I was going to have a rough day. He cried the entire time I got him dressed, the entire time I got his bag for school ready and only stopped when I put him in the car because I played peek-a-boo. The good news. The girls got the rest of their stuff ready before I left and I actually only left 5 minutes later than normal so I figured it wasn't TOO bad, all things considered. THEN I showed up at daycare and realized CRUD! I forgot the diaper bag. Of course after my already odd and husbandless morning the word crud wasn't the first one out of my mouth but hey, we sometimes have young bloggers reading this thing so I gotta keep it at least PG. OKay so I have to head all the way back home, get his bag, which is I feel, laughing at me as it sits so patiently on the kitchen table. The girls are still doing great so I can be thankful for that, head back to Rian's daycare go to drop him off and OF COURSE he cries. He hasn't cried in I don't know how long now but he cries. Makes me feel HORRIBLE and add to the stress of my day and now I am 30 minutes late, feeling guilty and rushed but hey, off to my car I head to pretend like it will get better at work.

I get to work. It goes. Slow. Stressful and then it's over. Nothing eventful.

I head home because I had planned a couple days prior to go to our friends house so we didn't have to wait up TOO early for Pat's Run (more to come later) but that changed when I realized it was my sisters last night here so we were going to stay with her and hang out. OF COURSE, that changed when she texted me at 545 to tell me her and her man were going out. UGH. I swear. I know I shouldn't have cared but I instantly felt 2 emotions. ANGRY and SAD. I was angry because we cancelled our plans and they made their own and sad because it felt like she didn't care that she wasn't going to see us for the night before she left. Needless to say I will spare you the details and just say we spent about an hour together and then off they went. Se la vi. It happens. The good news is that the girls were great that night, we had fun and I even splurged and got McD's.

I talked to RC and I finally broke. I realized for the first time that whole week that I was making it just fine because most the week had gone according to a plan. I didn't have time to realize he wasn't home or with us or there by my side. Of course I knew, because every night I wanted to find a reason to have Rian sleep on his side of the bed (which he has only done 1.5 times...I moved him mid sleep the second night) and of course when I wake up and want to give him a kiss and he is gone. I underestimate how hard it is to not have your best friend with you at all times that you aren't working or running around and I take for granted how he makes me laugh or can make me feel better when I'm frustrated. Of course we have phone calls but that almost makes it worse as I realize that is ALL we have. I suppose it get's easier but I think with as much as we truly rely on one another for me, having my best friend gone will only get harder. Ugh. Only time can tell I suppose. IN the meantime I am trying to keep our family busy and the hecticness alive and THAT leads us to Pat's Run!

A while back we signed up with Troj and his fam and it was to be me and RC and him and ASH and we were only going to take the boys as the girls were going to do a sleepover. Well RC left obviously and that left us with an extra number so we decided to let Carina take that number (she was excited) and to have her push Neya (she was not excited about that). Matt and I were going to run, well at least try and Ash and Carina were to trudge it alone. We had great plans to get ready early and to my surprise we actually did. I was up at 415am after not being able to sleep the night before (Friday left me in a whirlwind) and the kids were up at 445 and 5. They were staggered which helped me get everything together. We were in the car by 518, at the gas station by 520 and at the Troj house by 544, which was actually a minute earlier than we said we would be there! WOW. I was in shock. We headed up just shy of 6 and we got there around 645 or so ( I wasn't looking at the clock) We got all the kids settled and in strollers and put our numbers on and off we went. OMG. what came next was probably the ONLY stressful part of the day and that was that we got to the start line and had to wait for each section to go across the finish line before we could move up (strollers were at the WAY back) We got to the area at 7 and we got to actually CROSS the start line at like 757am. Which meant we had a whole hour where we had to entertain our two little ones, not to mention my two bigger ones. Oh the joys. Anywho, once the race got started it was all great, we finished in "okay" time, nothing like when I ran the half a couple years back. Matt and I finished with 13 minute miles and Ash and Carina finished with 19 minute miles. Not to bad for run/walking. Hey next time will be better hopefully! Not to many details other than it was a great thrill to run/walk the 4.2 miles and then end up on a football field on the 42 yard line. VERY COOL.

Today we are headed off to Maricopa for a BBQ with the Landers Crew and that should be fun, probably not relaxing, but fun. I say that because we want to take the kids either swimming or to the water park which 3 kids with one mommy watching them is mostly hectic, especially when one never wants to stay still! Well here are the pics from this weekend AND a video of Carina and Neya doing tricks on their bikes as well as the first Vid of Neya riding her bike with no wheels since I realized in a later post the video is just me being silly and not knowing how to get it to picture mode. haha. Whoops. So enjoy!

Hugs and Kisses,
Husbandless Wife



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails