Friday, April 27, 2012

OUR 3rd Annual Pat's Run

So for the last 3 years we have participated in the Pat Tillman Run, a tradition that was started with the Trojan Family in Phoenix. Last year I ran alone in the San Francisco Shadow run and although its only 4.2 miles I didnt even make the whole run! Sad! This year I have only been running about 3 times a week on average and the time I ran Neya decided to ride her bike next to me. She did great and right after she asked if she could join my run on Saturday. I had informed her I didnt sign up this year and she was bummed so of course I went right online, got in touch with the Shadow Run Coordinator and asked if we could join late. He was happy to have me back and waived the fee. We didn't get a t-shirt this year so we used our first years shirts to show we were dedicated but next year we will be sure to not miss out, especially since this year they were my FAVE color! Laneya did an awesome job riding her bike, not complaining at all about the distance AND motivating me and kept me running the entire 4.5 miles (Mine was .3 miles longer due to a nice little detour I added because we got lost haha). This was an experience I will not soon forget and if work would SLOW DOWN I could look up other runs and get to training with my little girl!

Here are some pics from our journey.

The morning of the run :)

Neya was super cute in her helmet and the folks around us thought the same thing!

Halfway point we took some sweet photos with the Golden Gate Bridge behind us!

We both finished but I was extremely proud of Neya!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails