Thursday, April 12, 2012

Catch Up?!? YEP I guess it's about time!

I am not sure you can even call it catch up when I haven't had one single solitary blog since...LAST YEAR!!!!! SO not like me, but things have been busy. So busy in fact that I haven't even really busted out my camera in the last 4 months. I have to get better but in order to do that I want to give you a quick briefing on what has gone on, very Very VERY high level. Most the pics are on my cell and I dont have my cable to attach to the PC right now so here are the few cam pics I have...ENJOY our last few months!

Trip To Puerto Rico to celebrate Laurens 30th!
Lauren and I have been friends forever and I have to say it was quite a blast being able to celebrate her 30th birthday with her. We had gone with her little brothers and a good friend of hers as well and what great company everyone was. I only went for the second half and I hear the first half was blast, so all in all I think my girl had an awesome 30th birthday. If only she wasn't moving away soon...my life is going to be a little bit empty without her around :(

Little Carlos' 2nd Birthday
I had the pleasure of making him his cake and what a blast it was! I absolutely love doing these and honestly the look on not only Birthday Kiddos face, but all the guests just makes me beam with pride :) I am so happy that people still keep asking for my services :)

Quick visit with my sissies and nephew
They came down for a night and it was awesome just to hang with them. It is so nice to all be so close again and the fact that I get to see my sisters really grow up, have their own families (only Ash so far) and really just becoming adults is awesome! They will probably kick me for saying that but its TRUE. I love that my kids get to be part of their aunts lives :)

Trip to TrainTown with Neya and Rian
These days Carina has so much going on with her little social life it isn't to often we all do things together, but on this particular day she had ventured out so we decided to take the little ones on a special day. We started off with lunch at cute little local and then we went to TrainTown. They were both stoked and it made the day pretty enjoyable. They were treats all until they realized we had to leave.

Monster Truck Show with 'Loo-Ren'
We had tickets for this as we figured RIan would get a kick out of it and boy were we right. He got a little antsy towards the end as it was pretty cold but he still loved it. The big surprise of the night was how much Laneya loved it. She was STOKED and that is putting it lightly. She loved everything about it, the trucks, the drives (she got a kick out of the female one even though she was terrible) and she especially loved the freestyle.

Disney on Ice with the Kiddos
I could go on forever about how much we loved this. Every single part of it. And I don't even mean just the kids. We ALL loved it, it was entertaining, well done and man it kept Rian and Neya both entertained from Start to Finish! Even Carina was not sure she would like it being all 'grown up' and everything but she had a blast. We spoiled the kids rotten and all around had a great day. I am glad that we really got to enjoy ourselves and that we did so as an entire family.

Our 3 year Wedding Anniversary
It isn't every day you turn a great friend into your best friend and you husband. I was lucky enough to have met my soulmate who at the time I didnt think would be anything but 'someone I knew'. We have made it through some rough times, some great times and at the end of every single day for the rest of my life I couldn't see spending it with anyone but my hunny. It may not always be easy, but it is always worth it and I will remind myself of that every time he leaves the toilet seat up, sits around being lazy and especially when he doesn't do the dishes after I cook dinner ;)

Mom's 50th Surprise Dinner Party
When my dad turned 50 my mom threw him a pretty sweet birthday party. Complete with friends, food and lots of laughs. We didn't go as big as she did but we did get some of her closest friends and our fam together for a dinner at one of the local spots. The restaurant let us come in and decorate a bit, they made up special menus for the occasion, folks showed up early and much to everyones surprise WE were able to actually SURPRISE! Shocking! It was a good time and I was happy I was able to pull off making her a cake that she loved. The only thing missing was our brother Alex, but not to worry he sent a birthday video to her, that was just perfect. Life is nothing without a good family and awesome friends...my mom and I, we are lucky to have both. Happy birthday momma...I love you!

Easter!
When we were little Easter was one of three holidays that we all got the family together. Cousins, aunts, sisters, brothers, you name it, they were there. As we have gotten older that has faded away a bit so as a last minute effor I tried to get some of us together that are still pretty close. Of course, many others had plans but the families that showed up were just perfect! We had my cousins Vicky and Tish as well as my parents, RC's cousin Scott and our good friends Gabe and Tiff (who are more like family anyways). We had a blast, we colored eggs, BBQ'd, the kids played, we had an egg hunt and we all just had a blast. I hope to make this a yearly thing!Wish we had a better family pic but hey, I'll take what I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails