Monday, April 30, 2012

Just another crazy weekend!

So this weekend started off like any other weekend. BUSY! We had the following agenda...

Friday night: Concert/Bake Cake
Saturday: Prep for Neya's Party/Fundraiser for Jared
Sunday: Neya's Party

What it turned into was this...

CHAOS!

For the most part it stayed on track except that we totally missed Jared's Fundraiser that our friend poured her heart sweat and tears into! I am sad we missed it but it seems that it turned out fabulously and as usual she pulled off an amazing night that had all guests excited to donate for a good cause. With that being said our Saturday night was full of family. Rich, Frances and my little bro showed up and the kids were away with my Grandma Deb and Grandpa Pete a bit longer than we originally thought. We didnt have time to bake a cake so I stuck with cupcakes and lucky we had guests there or I'm not sure how after my million hour work week (never fails the long work weeks fall on the weeks that I have MAJOR plans) I could have thrown it all together on my own.

The PLUS side to this crazy weekend was Friday. I finally went to my very first country concert and I got to share the experience with one of my best friends, Carina and my mom. SO. MUCH. FUN. We had a blast singing, dancing and even giving some rude concert goers a little 'what for' when they tried to stand right in front of my oober short daughter. WHO DOES THAT! Needless to say we still had a blast.

I already told you about Saturday which was crazy but Sunday was probably the busiest day we have had in a while. We woke up at 7am and I swear were going till 7pm (well after the party was over). We prepped food, we made the final touches for the cupcakes, we cleaned up the yard (okay mostly the guys did this part who am I kidding) and we put party bags together, put candy in the pinata, cleaned up the house, all took showers and this was all before 11am! The party started and really went off without a hitch we even got to experience Teagans first 'lost tooth' which I must say was pretty awesome! Always fun to be a part of an unexpected experience with your friends.

Sunday night was a bit sad though, I had to say goodbye to one of my bestest friends in all the land. We have been roommates, we have been long distance friends and I think mostly we have been 'sisters from another mother (and father)'. We have been through so much together but even though I say we said 'goodbye' it was really a see you later. She is off to a big new city and a whole new(ish) career and just as sad as I am to see her go, I am more excited to hear about how successful the move will be. So in true Lauren and Drea fashion we went out, shared a few tears and perhaps one to many drinks and after she left I sat in my husbands lap and cried like a baby. Seriously. LooRen, we will miss you but we know that you will miss us to! Girl...don't let that big city change you and remember to keep your mind heart and soul open to all those new folks you are about to come across!

And now for the stuff that keeps you guys all coming back to the blog...PICTURES...YAY!!!!

Miranda Lambert with Lauren, Carina and my mom <3

We had such a blast and the weather could not have been more perfect! We had some drinks in our hands, good music playing and of course amazing company. Glad to say my little hip hop princess may be adding a little more country to her playlist! The added bonus of the night...the local San Jose country station was celebrating their 20th 'birthday' so in honor of that we also got to see Pistol Annies and Blake Shelton as well as the two opening acts Jerrod Niemann and Chris Young...and again I say...what a great night!!









Family Visit!

Grandpa Rich came to town early with Richie and Grandma Frances and they even brought little Gabe with them which was an added bonus.Due to us missing the awesome Fundraiser Tiff put on it left us with some empty bellies so we neded up in Vallejo to go to Olive Garden (and hit up Party City and Michaels) and the funny story of the night was that when Rich went to park, some guy stole his spot. Well come to find out the guy was our waiter! haha. So Rich gave him a hard time the entire night (in good fun of course) and the waiter Nick ended the night with a funny 'gift certificate' that said "good for one free parking spot" haha. Good dinner and great waiter.




Laneya's Birthday Party!

I of course had charged up my good camera because as I promised earlier I needed to get back on that sweet picture taking wagon, but wouldnt you know it...I left my dang Memory Card at work in my card reader. LAME SAUCE! I did snap a few pics on my camera phone and Rich and RC have more so perhaps I will post any good ones they were able to snag. Otherwise here are at least a few cute ones :)



Mine and Lauren's last photo together for a few months at least. Don't mind the red eyes, I want to blame it on the flash but I do believe it was the margaritas ;)

And here are a few videos frmo the concert, I sang through the songs so thats kinda all you here (sorry for being off tune..I blame in on the drinks I had) but I want to be able to have these vids on here to mark our memories :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails