Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I have been a mom now for nearly 10 years. It is sort of unreal when you think of it that way. As the kids get older, the time passes by faster and the days heat up, I forget here and there to truly enjoy the kids. Today was the day that I slowed down, and took a whole day to enjoy the kids...what better day than Mothers Day!

There was soo much fun that we had, and it kind of went like this...

We started off the day with showers, and getting everyone ready for a fun filled day of...well we didn't know just yet but hey who cares. So we got all dressed up and knew that first and foremost since it was 11 that we wanted lunch so we headed out to Chevy's at the mall. While we were heading there I had this grand idea that since our kids were in such great moods we should take the kids to get their pics done, mind you Rian was wearing bright orange and the girls were wearing black and white. haha. Totally uncoordinated but shockingly the pics turned out REALLY good!

After pics we did lunch, then after we all had SUPER full tummies we came home. I checked the mailbox and had a pic from our good friends the Dlugoleckis that had some sweet black and white magnets, some totally AWESOME beer bottle "identifiers" Basically they read "egomaniac, bed wetter" and other great things to put on our friends beers or drinks when they are over so we don't get all mixed up. Totally sweet and totally our late wedding gift, which in my book who cares how late it is, when its that cool.

Anywho, after all that we rested then got dressed for the pool. Totally fun, we spent two hours there and on the way home to cook dinner my hubby called and asked what I wanted for dinner...I said..."I'm cooking" and he said..."where do you want to GO for dinner". I grinned with pleasure and said..In n Out. Haha. Simple, cheap and yummy. My kinda place. We went to dinner, where we at inside the restaurant (not often does that happen in our family...) and we enjoyed our selves and took random pics and giggled a lot. After dinner we headed to Starbucks for a dessert drink and went home to cap off the night with a walk. GOSH...I am a lucky lady...and the day could NOT have gone any better. Did I mention that Rian's gift to me was that he went to bed at 8pm the night before and didn't wake up until 730 this morning. HEAVEN! hehe.

After 10 years, the joy of being a mom hasn't faded, and although at times, they drive me nuts, or I wonder why I had them so young it's days like today that reminds me that it's always worth it. Always. I love my kids, I appreciate my kids and I am grateful for my kids. They are what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails