Friday, August 13, 2010

School!

So today marked a lot for us. Today the girls got enrolled in school AND it was Rian's first day of Dad dropping him off and not crying! OMG, our little boy doesn't need us anymore! Now if only he wouldn't cry at home. LOL.

So anywho, we showed up at the school today (Vichy) to enroll the girls, we were told to get there early and good thing we did because there was already folks in there at 8am. We got BOTH girls signed up but boy did we need to do a lot. We had to have my mom go in with me to sign an afidavit (saying we lived there) and we had to fill out paperwork, and make doc appts, because APPARENTLY you need a 1st grade physical. Weird, but whatever AND we have to make dentists appts, even thought hey JUST went in AZ to have a CA dentist check out their teeth. REALLY, you need to go to a dentist to enroll your kid in school. I remember when kids had rotting teeth but that didn't mean they didn't need to go to school, it meant they didnt have dental insurance and their poor parents probably couldn't afford it. Anyways, its the little things that bother me now.

ANYWAYS, they are both in and they are going to be so excited, I have to call the Dept or Transportation as well to make sure buses come to pick them up...BUSES! Yep,they are riding the bus, reminds me of when I was a kid. Hehe, if it's still the same route they have an easy walk to the bus but when the bus drops them off they kinda gotta hike. It doesnt drop them off at the end of the hill, it drops them off at the end of the STREET! Easily a half mile walk each day. LOL. Oh well they can suck it up.

We did get Neya in the Alternative program. Growing up I always thought the cool kids went to that program but now I found out it was mostly the kids who have stay at home moms or something cause you have to go in 2-3 times a month to volunteer in the mornings. Which is actually easier for us given our two schedules. SO that should be exciting. Carina doesn't have an alternative program at her grade, they cut it off when you enter 4th grade but she does get to go into 5th grade which gives her enough time to get into a little click before Junior High. Haha. I imagine she will be doing a lot of growing up this year. SIGH!

So Monday we do the whole Dentist thing, then I have to make an appt for a physical and then they are in the clear. Shouldn't be to hard except I am still driving to Sac as we don't officially have a desk for me in the Napa office so when all three folks are in I gotta commute. LAME! Good news is that the Sac office has folks I love so we talk more and it's not as lonely. Could you imagine, me not talking ALL day, yeah, not so much.

Well, on a different note, I decided to sign up for the half marathon in AZ. I am excited. I gotta do something my pants are starting to look unflattering and the cute little shirts I was able to buy just a month ago are starting to look like they belong to Laneya. Haha. Okay so it's not that bad but it could be. I still miss my AZ friends but I think we actually TALK more than we used to probably cause we know it won't just be a couple days till we see eachother to catch up. Let me tell ya, Texting is my best friend. NOW I just have to get my besties to send me pic messages or emails so I can watch their babies grow (hint hint).

OH and on a totally different note, we got Rian's invites in. OMG they are soo cute. I addressed the last ones this Am and am dropping them in the mail as soon as I get stamps. So cute. I know its just invites and I could have just gotten some from Target and filled them out by hand but we aren't splurging at all for his bday, I am making the cake, we are bbq'ing and we are having it at my parents house and we didn't even buy cute plates or anything so its all just a pinata cake and presents. Thats how we do! Oddly with the girls we didn't even do that much at this age, but I feel like each healthy birthday is such a huge leap for him that I do what I can to remember it. So weird that almost 2 years ago our baby was fighting for oxygen and now we can't keep him still! Okay okay, enough mushy stuff.

Neya lost her second tooth, she is a soldier. I will try to post some toothless pics from my phone and of course later I will take some with the good camera along with all her dollars. She is a millionaire (as she states).

Well thats all for now, just wanted to give an update on school because I was soo excited we got them enrolled :)

First tooth:

Second Tooth:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails