Monday, August 23, 2010

Cake...Take 1!

**No this will not be some post about 'cake' after all this is a family blog :)**



Well I came up with this ingenius idea to bake Rian's 2nd birthday cake myself. It was supposed to be a HUGE number 2 and I was going to make a road way, with little caution cones as candles and cars driving along it. Well unless you are a professional baker and want to spend a zillion dollars, then you can't find a HUGE number 2 cake pan so instead I got a small one and will just make cupcakes for the rest of the guests. Haha. I know I know, but hey, gotta be creative somehow and thats about all I got.

So yesterday I baked the cake. WELL the first one I didn't grease or flour the pan so the cake stuck to it and so LUCKY (or smart) me had bought a couple boxes of cake mix so I mixed yet another one and then it FINALLY worked. Well it was a lot cuter than I thought it might be so needless to say I got to try my hand at decorating it. RC and I had thought that OREO for the roadway would be cute and green frosting on the sides for grass. WELL if you have ever baked with crushed OREO you would know that frosting doesn't like to stick to it (when laying down the frosting second). haha. So that was kind of a mess. You would also know that if you already frosted the grass that the OREO that feel would stick to it. Yeah well needless to say TAKE 1 did not turn out so hot, but we know now that it will work so we shall try again.

I know you are dieing to laugh at my baking skills so here it is!


OH and Rian got his first haircut at a barber thanks to Tiff and Gabe's recommendation. Please see the SIDE pic for the final cut. I know I know, lazy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh... that is SO stinking cute!!! It is going to be amazing! Hey... so.... we are doing cupcakes for guests too SOOOOOO if you are feeling like baking more after Rian's party, you can come help me for the boys party the next weekend. HEheehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails