Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chi-Town

I am on a work trip this week and so far it has been pretty interesting. NO not to many touristy moments as I have been working but let me just lay out the trip thus far and you will hopefully smile just a wee bit.

Sunday I get to the Phoenix airport and decide to look up the weather while I wait, go figure I actually showed up early! WOOT! The weather in Chicago was actually supposed to be really nice, for Chicago. A whopping 45-50 degrees and "sunny", meaning a little glimmer of light through the clouds. I was actually kinda excited as I was wearing my comfy clothes, I figured I wouldnt look TOTALLY like a tourist. Uhm ::cough:: I was wearing shorts, a sweater and some "ugg like" boots. Yes I STILL looked like a tourist, who was I kidding.

Anywho got on my FULL flight, sat next to probably one of the quietest mid 20 year old guys I have ever met and a lady who couldn't WAIT to ask the flight attendant for her Heineken. Ha. Funny. The flight was good, the company was BORING so I watched a movie while the guy next to me filled out his...annual review? What the heck. I couldn't help but peek at what he was writing and it was totally something he read in a book that sounded "proper" and totally non personal. Ugh I wanted to just critique the heck out of him. haha. His laptop was REALLY cool though. Darn him!

Anywho, we landed, I was excited it was still daytime I could be a tourist, rush off the plane and go to the baggage claim..wait...wait and wait some more only to find out that my darn luggage was...LOST! GASP! I was soo mad, so I (along with roughly 65 other folks) get to the Southwest office, tell them our issue and apparently there was 47 luggage bags ON the plan and how they "chose" whose was "lost" who knows but what I do know is that for SOME reason they marked EVERYONE (no matter how early you go there) that checked into the Skycap as "late checkin" so our luggage was on the next flight. WHAT THE HECK! So I had to wait until 5pm (I got in at 3 mind you) for my luggage to show up. The FUNNY part was that they said "you can check in at your hotel and return to the airport when it arrives" ha. Funny. Why?!? Well because my hotel and office were almost 1.5 hours away! Ha. so yeah, I had to sit there and wait. I am a people watcher so I suppose it didn't matter but goodness, so much for being a tourist that night.

Monday I get up, after my super LAME Sunday night (and my SUPER YUMMY Gino's deep dish pizza) and get showered, dressed and head off to the airport at 6 AM! YIKES...early. The kicker is...apparently no one heads into the office until 7am. haha. So there I sat in my rental Chrysler Sebring in my dress and heels until someone showed up. No worries I had some Dunkin' Donuts in the car to keep me company. Haha. I worked a LONG 12 hour day, complete with no break and the same went for today. Total re-run except that instead of Dunkin' Donuts my guilty pleasure was a Iced Chai Latte. Yes I know, there is snow on the ground and STILL I get an iced coffee, hey cut me some slack, at least I wore pants today instead of something "spring like". Hehe.

Ya know, the funniest thing about going on a work trip is that you would THINK you are relieved to be without your family and kids and all the hecticness but truth be told, the highlight of my day is showing up at the hotel after my LONG day at work and hooking up the webcam to Skype with the fam. I LOVE my fam and my kids and it is ALWAYS funny to see them be silly...and the best part...I feel like a non mommy type person because I can hang up the webcam and not have to do bed time and teethbrushing and all that jazz. Haha. Sorry Hunny..don't worry it will be my turn soon!

Well I am going to head off to bed and if you didn't already think I am an odd one, the BEST part of the trip is I have realized I am the best person ever to clean up after in a hotel because I fold my towels and clean up the room before I head out for the day AND I don't even sleep in the bed so they don't have to make it! The reason...well I always worry that there are yucky things in there so I bring my own blanket and sleep peacefully knowing NO bed bugs will bite. Aww yes, I am odd, but that is why every now and then my little blog posts make you giggle!

1 comment:

  1. You are the best guest to clean up after! =) I try to be neat as well...and that means making the bed and reusing the towels. I'm not a saint like you though! Haha! Have fun in Chicago! Go Bears! O'ya - football season is over.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails