Monday, December 28, 2009

She hit me first!

Why is it that when our kids get in trouble. Who ever KNOWS they are in trouble due to hurting or affecting another child feels that if they come tell us their side of the story first that it will make their punishment easier.

Case in Point:

Sitting downstairs, suddenly hear Neya screech, the crying begins and we hear footsteps running down the stairs. We jump up and who meets us at the stairs, well Carina. What does she say you ask...Well here goes:

Totally out of breath and with a look of "Oh I hope this saves me" on her face she blurts out:

"Neya was kicking me and I asked her to stop she didn't listen so I hit her!"

RC and I look at eachother, my frustration lights up because I had JUST told her last week HITTING HER IS NOT THE FIX, and here she is on the stairs thinking its a justifiable reason. UGH!

They just don't learn.

So out of frustration and irritation and probably a lack of sleep I blurt out that they are grounded for a week and quickly rethink this, make dad the good guy and he tells them only till Wednesday. I swear parenting is a constant rollercoaster. Just when you think you can predict your kids every moves they go and change things on ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails