Monday, October 26, 2009

Hello. Anyone out there.

So. I am pretty sure no one REALLY looks at this. So the outcome of all my hard work is never noticed, our pictures are never looked at and the stories are never read. Shucks! I did however, just realize this morning, that this could be a plus. I mean. I can write about virtually whatever I please. I can write about "cake" which in our house is the secret word for well...YOU KNOW. Wink Wink. Or I could write about my frustration with myself on how my parenting is going or I could just write about absolute nonsense.

So here I am to write a story to you...well. To me I guess. Haha. It just goes to show that even when a mom has nothing to do but be a mom she can still find time to harass a family member :)

Yesterday we set out to go to the pumpkin patch. The funniest part was that this is QUITE seriously how the morning thoughts went.

I was going to let my hubby sleep in as he was tired from the week and what not and I was already up and at'em nice and early, which only happens on HIS day off as I liek to rub in what a "better" and more "responsible" and "involved" parent I am. I know what a punk. I would normally sleep in until the baby wakes up on, but NOPE not on his day. So as I am downstairs this last Sunday I also find myself gritting my teeth at how lucky he is to be sleeping in while I prepare waffle mix for the fam. THEN down he walks. SHUCKS. That means he is still a good dad, up early and NOW how am I supposed to show him up. Ha.

So we start to get ready for the pumpkin patch. I let them eat, while he watches TV or does whatever and then I get the kids to hop in baths and as I am rushing about I all but snap at him to give the boy a bath but ACK to my surprise he is already doing it. MAN this guy never stops. Always beating me to the punch. Of course we head out a little late, and as we get to the store to pick up our deli sandwhiches for our picnic I realize I can get him on one other thing...the diaper bag. SO what question do I ask.

Me:"did you put extra clothes in the diaper bag for the boy"

I grin.

Hubby:"no I didn't"

Ha. I giggle and then frown.

Me:"well let's just hope he doesn't get dirty"

The funny thing is that I wouldnt have packed him an extra outfit, there hasn't been an extra outfit in his diaper bag since FOREVER. I know how mean. The point here is that a moms work is never done...even if the only task at hand is to pick on Daddy. Hehe.

Love you Hunny. ha.

1 comment:

  1. That is meen, But I know RC is always a-head of the game. Unless he is starting to slak in his OLD age of 31.well almost 32. DAMN he is old!!!!!!
    But I do know what you mean, About the kids. I have had to play daddy-mom with my two Girls. Melissa is going to chef school, cord-da-blue, something like that, for the past 4 months From 5-11 pm. I do everything but knock their heads off!!!Ha Tom A.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails