Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chicago. Luau. Pumpkin Patch.

Chicago Visit for Work

Holy Moly when I planned my trip to Chicago for work it was actually supposed to be a month earlier (when it was WARMER) but when I got there it was a mere 44 degrees on my first night and a LOVELY 37 degrees when I left. The funny thing, is that the week after was in the 60's. Of course. While I was there I only had a couple things I TOTALLY intended to do and that was work...of course...and then EAT EAT and EAT some more. I was told gaining 10lbs was not going to be hard! I won't bore you with the details but here are some pics of the places I saw. Enjoy.

Chicago Skykline

Buckingham Fountain (You know it from the intro of Married with Children)

Entrance to the stadium that houses "Da Bears"

Oldest Building in Chicago

Wrigley Field


Luau time!

For the first year we decided to MAKE SURE we had parties for each of the kids and their friends. HONESTLY we are NORMALLY really bad about this but this year wasn't so bad, now if only the turnout was a little better :( Either way Carina had a great FRIEND party (we do the fam thing ON their actual birthday) and the pics were lots of fun. We did a limbo contest, a balloon toss and of course did the usual cake (well cookie cake in Carina's case) and present thing. All in all it went REALLY well.







Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

We normally go to the same ol' pumpkin patch each year and take the same pics on the same hay bails, but TODAY we went to a pumpkin patch a little further, and got to ride ponies, go into a petting zoo, walk through a hay maze, ride on a trailer that was horse drawn and hang with friends while ALSO having a picnic to fill our bellies. It was GREAT times. Totally worth it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails