Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Eating...

No matter what I make I can't get Laneya to eat whatever we eat at least 75% of the time.

Here is how the convos go down (totally not kidding)

Mom: Guys get the table ready for dinner, clean it off
Carina and Neya: Okay...man it's messy...
Mom: Yep it's your stuff, so clean it up and get the table set

**multiple sighs and laughs and then the table is just about clean...and this is where the "fun" begins**

Neya: What's for dinner?
Mom: Grilled Cheese and Soup (I will pick something she LIKES...just as an example)
Neya: OH. Can I have it in triangles
Mom: Sure.. (just excited that Neya will be EATING)
Neya: Mom that looks different
Mom: No it doesn't
Neya: yeah it does, and it smells different, I don't want this, can I have cereal
Mom: It's exactly the same

**mom normally just goes silent here and lets the whining fade into the distance**

Neya: MOM, I dont want this

**pouts, throws a fit and then cries as if I have put MUD on her plate**

Mom: Then go to bed

(right or wrong this is the only thing I can do to NOT strangle her)

Neya: NO it's scary
Mom: Then eat, Eat a few bites and you can stay down here and be with the rest of us
Neya: It's different, it isn't the same, I don't want this, can I have something different
Mom: We already went over this, eat what is on your plate or go to bed

**She is either still gonna pout and not go to bed, or she will go to bed with no supper, and no bath (of course) but in the off chance that my little satan child (she has everyone tricked into thinking she is "cute") decides to stay downstairs here is how it plays out**

Mom: Neya, eat, we are all done
Neya: I don't want to

**We clear off the table, she cries but STILL refuses to go to bed, yes I should be the parent here, but guess what that doesn't always work so we let her THINK she is making the choice here**

Mom: Okay well we are getting up, you sit there and eat or go to your room
Neya: I DON'T WANT TO EAT, I DON'T WANT TO GO TO MY ROOM...WAHHHHHHHH

**Mom Laughs or Screams, depends on the night**

Neya sits at the table, pouts then she eats, and at the end of ALL of that she says...wait for it...wait for it...

Neya: That was good, thanks mom

Goodness why do kids have to be so difficult. Mind you this only happens 25% of the time,the other 75% she would refuse to eat, go to bed and eat a huge breakfast. Is this right. Who knows, but goodness, all my other parenting tricks are not working so we are going a new route. HOPEFULLY Rian takes after Carina and likes to eat, or else I might go TOTALLY insane (No, I am not there yet...haha)

1 comment:

  1. Gabe was like that when he was little...he'd still be sitting at the table after everyone else was finished , however he was so stubborn he would not eat something if he didn't like it and at times fell asleep at the table. He was around 4 years old when he started doing this. He doesn't have that problem anymore...lol...however he may be dealing with the same type of behavior x 2 in about 4 years :) By the way you are wrong about people reading your blog and looking at the pictures Sweetheart :) I am pretty sure Tiffany reads it also :) You know you can ask Tiff about how you can add an application on your blog that tells you who visited your blog. I am one of yous best stalkers :) Gabe and Tiffany sent me a round-trip plane ticket to go see my Monkeys and them on the 9th of November, I am so excited. It's hard not being able to watch them grow (other than in pic's and videos)Say hello to RC and (((hug))) your babies for me!!!

    Love....Aaden and Noah's Mima

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails