Monday, October 8, 2012

13. Thirteen. Trece.



As I know it, my little girl is no longer little and the childhood she once led will inevitably begin to change before my very eyes. She will now begin to test the limits, talk back, roll her eyes even more and of course, get curious about boys, have fights with friends, become MORE obsessed with clothes and take even longer in the bathroom each morning and night (as if that is even humanly possibly). The time has come that I, a mother, need to admit that my little girl is no longer little and she is moving into that akward teen phase of her life that will also be met with excitement, challenge and curiosity. Curiosity about who she is, her influences here and who she will become in the future and to this I just want to say...

Carina Renae...we have raised you to believe in yourself, to speak up for yourself and to never settle for anything less than the best. Education is key and personality is huge! You can become anything you strive for and we will support you along the way. When met with our questions and what may seem to be doubt, know that it is only with love due to wanting to ensure you have thought out your best path and that it was made with a wise mind and open heart. You are caring to a fault and I hope that in your future you find the things that make YOU truly happy and that you also know that although your choices may not always favor other peoples preferences, it doesn't matter in the end at all because the people who are truly in your life for the right reasons will support you anyways. They will tell you  openly their feelings and you my love should feel okay to do the same with them. You are smart beyond most kids your age and I don't just mean in the books and classroom setting. Although sometimes spacey you are constantly full of life and humor and I hope that you continue to speak loudly, be heard and strive for your dreams even if that dream requires you to do something that is difficult...like save money and NOT SHOP! Hehe. We love you more than ever and just like every year before this...I hope you and 13 are met with fun, joy and an overwhelming amount of hugs and love. 

Nu-Bear, Beany, Rina, Reeny, and Lot-so...Happy Birthday My Sweet. 

Love. Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails