Monday, November 14, 2011

Grown Up Fun!

Okay so it isn't to often that I get to be a grown up and get dressed up, have a drink without worrying about having a second or third as well. Not to often that I get to sleep in or even have the OPTION to sleep in, nor do I ever get to go to a nice restaurant without worrying if my kids are the annoying ones in the restaurant. This weekend that all changed. The hubs and I along with some friends headed up to Reno for the long weekend. Although we got a little bit of a late start we made up for it later in the night. What a blast! Talk about great company with great friends and at such a much needed time!!! I won't give out all the details of what went on but let me tell ya, how things have changed. Nights out now are so different than before. Drinking games...in public!! Hello!! Fun times. Needless to say the first night was amazing.

The second day was pretty good but we started it off by walking outside and then we hit up some pawn shops and wouldn't ya know it...a tattoo shop!! It was a little shop wiht a few good artists and Tiff and I got thinking...maybe we wanted a tattoo!! We hung out for a bit, told them our ideas and then just a few short hours later we were back and the shop getting our stencils put on! Talk about last minute! I have a couple tattoo's already but boy do I not remember it hurting as much as this one! Talk about pain right on my shoulder blade!!! YOWZA!!! I would compare it to child birth and mostly because I didnt even cry during that with NO drugs and here I was getting a tattoo in tears! The last 10 minutes of my 2.5 hours actually brought tears to my eyes. HOWEVER...it was completely worth it! The tattoo came out gorgeously and I hope it heals up just as great. It did however kinda ruin my night though because I was all amped up for another night out but man! The tension I had during the tattoo just built up and drained me. Completely. So I was grouchy and I probably made my friends wonder why on earth we did this on vacation but hope they forgive my sour 'tude.

The next day we got up early, got our room packed and headed out. On our way out I stopped at my sisters hours to see my nephew and drop off some clothes that Tiff had and then after that we grabbed the kids from my step dads house. He was great, kept all three kids all weekend and didn't even blink an eye! I love him for that! He had a blast and when we left Rian nearly melted my heart by asking me this very sweet question...

"mommy can we take grandpa home, I want to keep him"

Ugh, talk about melting my heart.

Well that was our weekend and I didn't really take to many pics but here are the ones worth posting and thank you to EVERYONE who played a part in this weekend, I had a blast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails