Monday, July 12, 2010

Here we are...

It has been two weeks now and we are just starting the 3rd. Things have seemed to calm down, the only thing still up in a shamble is the girls rooms and our closets. For now the girls room and our closet is used for storage. HOPEFULLY that gets cleared out soon, but we are managing either way. The girls have their bed, their clothes and their JUNK and so they couldn't be any happier. The friends that we have seen are doing great, really helping us out when they can see I am struggling or lending an ear when I have had a rough day.

I went to work for an hour to meet up with the gals in my new office and grab a bite to eat. Its funny because even though I am with the same company and have been there for 5 years, its like starting a new job. I really don't know these gals, I also found out how they REALLY felt about the AZ people and their lunch taking selves. Hey I prefer an early day but will also take the lunch dates. Haha. Oh well. They just do things different and for the first month I may not even have a "home" err...desk. Weird. We move to a new office (about two blocks away) in September so that will be GREAT, until then I will be mooching desk space of their desks for a bit. Talk about up close and personal.

We celebrated the 4th by going downtown during the day for a parade and then after that we went home. We were all feeling a little under the weather so we didn't really do much of anything, which was a bummer, but a good excuse to NOT run into any unwanted "friends". Since being out here though the good news is that I haven't really run into anyone I don't care for and that is GREAT. I haven't seen some folks that I used to be glued to the hip to, but I guess that happens as you get older and your lives and families change. All in due time. We will get there, after all, we have the rest of our lives or at least until we up and move again. haha. I kid I kid, at least for now!

Other happenings have included us finding out we will NOT be making the trip to AZ for the Justin Bieber concert. This comes with good news and bad. First the good news...well is just that we won't have to fork out the money for gas and hotel and such which we currently don't have due to me not working this month (they did mention I can go back if I really want to, a little early...maybe this will work for me...I miss working). The other good part of me not going to AZ for the concert is that I get to share in the Bieber Craziness with a friend! Tiff over from Napa Snooks will be going with me and taking her daughter. So I will not be alone. IN FACT, we are going to go to dinner, get some drinks and even wear shirts to embarass them. OH being a mom totally has its perks!Haha. The downside to not going is HUGE. We won't get to see our friends, which is lame, we have a cat staying at our friend Shawns house and I have no idea when we will be able to get her, so HOPEFULLY we can find a place for her as he did not sign up for keeping her forever. Now, if he is reading this, Shawn, we totally appreciate your help and unless you want to keep her, we will do our best to find a home for her ASAP! The third thing that sucks is that we won't get to see our friends. haha. I know I know, I already said that but GOODNESS, it is totally the biggest downfall. Outside of all that, the Bieber concert should be great, and I will be sure and post tons of pics. We don't find out where the seats are till we pick them up so if they aren't good RC joked that maybe we can head down to the AZ concert anyways. Hahaha. He has jokes!

On a much different note, the rest of the stay here has been okay. We have had some rough patches, such as RC and I just being at odds, Rian not sleeping AT ALL during the night, finding daycare and getting the girls signed up for school. Seems that it isn't as easy as I wish it all would be but then again I have myself to blame for some of it.

The RC and I thing, well I was still a little bitter about moving here in the first place, but once I came to grips it got a bit easier. We still were "odd" around eachother but we had to stop and realize. WE hadn't had any US time since BEFORE he moved! I know, crazy right! I mean we hadn't gone to dinner, had a good chat or even gotten a coffee alone without kids and parents and friends in like 5 months! SO, we took a day and went to San Fran and did the whole tourist thing. Growing up here I NEVER did that, but it was TOTALLY worth it. I mean we did stuff I have only heard about, we went down Lombard Street, we sat in the park where part of the intro to Full House was filmed, we went on a FAST boat tour, we got our caricature pictures done. We just had a blast all the way around. It put us back on the same page and of course we aren't going to be without disagreements or whatever, but we for sure needed to realize we still had that spark and that all these changes are in fact, for US. To make us a better family and couple. Now if we could just get his company OWNBER (RC is just a franchise owner) to realize that he wants this company to GROW and make him stop twiddling his thumbs then RC and I would be even happier.

The whole Rian debacles are crazy but I think I found a daycare. We go in for a "walk through" on Thursday at 1030. You all know I will be posting. I gotta get better so you all know how we are! I heard about this daycare via word of mouth and if we get in, its only 575 a MONTH! Do you know how much that is a week! If you divide it by 4 it is approximately 143.75. That is nealry 100 bucks a week CHEAPER than what we were paying. It is crazy! I am excited. We do have to pack his lunch, but they provide snacks and breakfast so thats good. It is a full on preschool, they do Raising a Reader which is actually based out of my moms work, and he will get 4 books every week to bring home and they will start him learning how to read as soon as he turns 3. Just the basics of course. They have a no sugar policy, so they stick to milk and water and they don't serve candy or juices, which is PERFECT! We like Rian to have as little sugar as possible to even THAT works out great. Now the catch is that its on the State Hospital grounds. haha. NO you don't have to be a crazy person to take your kids there, they just need to allow 50% of their kids to be children of state employees. So its kinda cool. They only have 3 spots open so I am hoping we get in! She sounded great and the reference we got they LOVE so hopefully that makes us a shoe in. I was worried about Rian because he has taken up hitting, but they assured me they will work with him on not only that (they said its an age thing) but also POTTY TRAINING! WHOA. They said they have a good success rate of having them done by 3 so we shall see. Its just a house with a backyard from what I can gather but again, we will see come Thursday. The daycare thing ALSO means I need to find a pediatrician because he will need his two year shots. Which means I am also on the hunt for that. To bad I think my pediatrician has retired. Haha. The only other RIan news is that he SUCKS at sleeping right now. Everyone keeps reassurring me its just the adjustment period so we are going to try and keep him as scheduled as possible. He tends to still NEED his nap and he has to be in bed by 9pm, so folks that miss seeing us know this is only temporary until we can make him feel like this isn't a vacation. We will be back out again soon to party it up. Haha. Kinda.

Now the girls. They want to sign up for cheer and softball and dance and holy moly SCHOOL! They want want want and i am trying to just get settled in. I think we can do the whole Softball thing, if they do Fall Ball but so far I can't see anything anywhere on line about it. I have checked the Napa Rec website and everything. Oh well, we will get it figured out. I am SERIOUSLY considering playing softball though. Its only for fun, there isn't any practices, but there is games. I just need SOMETHING to do. I want Carina to play softball to so maybe it will help us get together on something. Neya wants to do cheer but its EXPENSIVE. Like $300 expensive. SO she will probably have to wait till next season. I just can't swing that with not working this month. Oh well. She will understand. Once school starts I am thinking about all the flyers she will get for other recreational things. She will forget all about cheer. I HOPE!

Well that is it in a nutshell. Not as down and dirty as some posts but you got all the good details. We are happy to be back finally, but still adjusting. We miss AZ but have FOR SURE not forgotten anyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hey babes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my pediatrician. Let me know if you would like her name.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails