Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And...a moment to breathe!

It has been a little bit since I have posted a GOOD blog (much like my friend Tiff, we are JUST TO BUSY and life is JUST TO HECTIC!). Of course good busy and good hectic, but busy and hectic none the less!

So here I sit, at an "undisclosed place" and I have a few moments to jot down what we have been up to the last few weeks since the move. We moved in 15 days ago to be exact and its SLOWLY starting to feel like home. We have the girls room some what set up and although I haven't posted ANY pics of the new home I have decided this is because I only want everyone to see FINISHED results (in hopes that this will push me to get to decorating!). The first week was rough in itself. The dogs totally tore up the back yard, just after we had laid grass seed down and I was so close to getting rid of them that I even posted an ad on Craigs List. Even I have my breaking point when it comes to animals. HOWEVER, as soon as people started ACTUALLY replying I realized that getting rid of them would only ever be a thought and my backyard will have to sit on the back burner until we put up a fence! UGH, anyone who knows me knows I hate to wait on ANYTHING, especially when it's something I want as bad as a LAWN! If I miss ANYTHING from CA more than friends it HAS to be grass. I want my kids to KNOW what grass is. So far, Rian is more afraid of grass on his toes than welcoming and I HAVE to break that!

Anywho, outside of that we haven't even had many visitors to our house except for my Bro Alex who ALSO turned 21 on the 18th. I have been a bad sister, no birthday celebration so far for him, but I am sure we will surprise him with something. Stinky guy had to leave the weekend of his birthday but hey, just means he gets to prolong the birthday celebrating.

The girls have some friends that live in our neighborhood and we have had some good sleepovers, where I ACTUALLY get some sleep. We invested in a bunk bed with a FULL size bed on the bottom and what a great investment it was. Makes sleepovers so much easier. Not to mention now we have a loft and a TV up there so we ACTUALLY get to sit in our living room and have adult time while all the kids play upstairs! WOOHOO! Rian is actually loving all the moving around he can do and is quite the busy guy and although there are days when we want to send Neya to Boarding School she teaches us new things every day. Here is a funny story in case anyone isn't quite awake yet!

Scene: Sitting at a Starbucks Grocery Store location....
Who is around: me, the kids, and a couple Starbucks workers and ONE lonely innocent bystander...

I got Neya and Rian milk and this is the conversation that followed:

Neya: Mom, my milk tastes like a cow
Mommy: (being funny) Oh yeah, your milk tastes like a hamburger...
Neya: (being SERIOUS) NO MOM! (sigh) the milk kind of cow, not the hamburger kind

(At this point I am totally trying to take her and this conversation serious as she is NOT even cracking a smile)

Mommy: oh I see. (trying my best to just let the conversation trail off)
Neya:How does the cow make chocolate milk?
Mommy: Well, it comes from....(she cuts me off)

(Here folks is where each day that I am a mom, I realize its TOTALLY worth it in an odd yet VERY amusing way...)

Neya: Oh I know...it comes from the cows butt!!

To this of course, everyone stares at me, I start to laugh, then I peer down at Neya with her little tiny self who is TOTALLY proud that she figured this out (and QUITE serious faced by the way) and I say...in my best mom voice...Well Neya, that isn't quite where it comes from but thats a good thought...

and she says: I know mom, I am SOO smart
(then takes off drinking her milk happy as a clam)

When I look around I get two nods and a grin, and I think...what a successful parenting day!

So that my friends is what we have been up to. I am looking forward to a VERY quick trip to CA to visit Gabe, Tiff, Noah and Aaden and of course all of our other family and friends as well.

I was going to leave out ANOTHER very good and HILARIOUS story but I think I might have to add if for any reason...just to make everyone else feel as though they are normal...

Scene: Sunday, same starbucks as the previous story, in fact same 15 minute period...
Who was around: Same folks

SO I go through all of this in the Starbucks with Neya and in my haste to get milk into Rian's cup and all that jazz, we begin to walk to the car and once we get there I realize...shoot...I forgot my keys in Starbucks. Go to walk back and when we get there, the keys are gone and NO ONE has turned them into Lost and Found. LAME.

We call RC, my darling DARLING husband and tell him the situation. He so nicely calls a locksmith he knows, comes down, gets us all situated and then we begin to wait. Mind you we live in AZ and the heat is KILLER and yet...there we sit, waiting for this LOVELY gentleman to make me a new key. TO my surprise my key costs us a BOAT LOAD of money as it has some fancy anti theft chip in it and of course we have no spare. OF COURSE. Well once I found out that news I was sort of in a bad mood but still not totally upset as it was my own fault anyways, and so we wait. After roughly 5-6 hours (I don't know exactly what time I lost my keys) we FINALLY get a key made and a chip coded. Let me tell ya, if you have a Mazda make sure you have a spare, APPARENTLY They are so hard to figure out it took THREE...yes I said it...THREE locksmiths to figure it all out and get my key made! Haha.

We finally get home and I make it an In n Out Dinner night and think to myself...even though MOST other people might have thought it STRESSFUL to sit in the parking lot with their 3 kids, in the heat and wait for the ability to take their car home with a successfully made key after ALMOST SIX HOURS, what did we do and think...well...we thought...that was quite fun and we EVEN took pics while were hanging out in the parking lot. I know. What an odd bunch, but it is how we make all our fun little adventures FUN. haha.

P.S. I do still blame RC for my lost keys as SUNDAYS are supposed to be his day off, my day to kinda gain back my brain from the HECTIC weeks mommywork and WORK work....and he had to cover another guys shift. So OF COURSE had I gotten my break I would NEVER have lost my keys...or at least that is what I tell myself!

Now here are some pics to make this BLOG entry even MORE enjoyable :)

Sleepover Pics






Random Pics of Rian TOTALLY LOVING the vacuum



Some pics from our FUN time waiting for my car key to be remade! The pic of Rian is TOTALLY goofy but shows ALL his little teeth (including his little fangs. haha.


2 comments:

  1. Loving the stories, great update! See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does "undisclosed place" mean the bathroom? Haha! LOVE the new layout - very cute!!! Neya just cracks me up! She is hilarious! Can't wait to see pics of the newly decorated house! Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails