Monday, June 4, 2012

Momma's Day!

I have technical already posted this but my computer decided to freeze up (I thought MAC's were more stable than PC's..PSSH!) and with that freeze came a deleted post. Lame. This mothers day was full of love and special people. We started out with my mom and had breakfast and then wished her well as she went off to Davis to spend the day with my little bro and dad and we went off to the Dixon May Fair to spend the day with the Snook Family! We had a blast, from watching the kids ride rides and eat cotton candy and we also watched the pig races (where Carina was the "cheering captain" for one of them) and we even watched the little kids ride little scooter bikes. We decided we had lost our marbles a little and took our two families (of a combined 10 people) and ate at Cattlemans. Shockingly enough we were able to eat our whole meal and sip a couple drinks, all the while our kids were pretty darn well behaved! When we left there we met up with RC's mom and grandma and enjoyed some yummy frozen yogurt. My mothers day could not have been any better!

So to end this post I will try to leave you with some words straight from the heart...

13 years ago my world was turned upside down. I was told that this young lady was going to be a momma. Despite the direction my life could have turned, I decided that for me and my little one I would take a different turn. I grew up quickly but that journey to motherhood had me grow up in ways I had never imagined possible (at least not at 17). I became protective, I became overwhelmed with emotion and I learned that no matter how much I thought I had already loved people that this little miracle showed me that love was truly bigger than I ever though possible. She stole my heart. As the years went on I was lucky enough to be able to call 2 more little ones my babies. They each have their moments where they make me question my sanity, question my patience and most definitely make me question my choice to take that other path so many years ago. NO matter the struggle though, or the heartache or the eye rolls that come my way I am grateful to be called mom, mommy, momma and sometimes 'mommacanipleasehavethisprettypleaseohpleasemomma'...

With all that being said I need to also say a special shout out to both my moms...

Momma Debbie...none of this would be possible had I not had such an amazing role model in my life. Mom, you have been there for all my milestones, first breakups, every birth of my own children, my wedding and for lots of tears that each of those milestone brought. When I was at my low of lows you could bring me smiles and I am glad that you are always there. I am not sure how I would have turned out as a mom had I not had you to look up to and every single day I am thankful to have you in my life.

Momma Frances...it hasn't always been an easy road but it has been OUR road. For all the time that was missed or all the teenage anger that was held in, at the end of the day I love you and am glad to have you in my life. You are a special person and I hope that you, me and my family continue to make memories for you and I to share...

























No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails