Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Poor Baby...

As a mom they warn you of poopy diapers and vomit and the lack of sleep and all those things that you typically hear of new mothers and the "fun times ahead". What they don't warn you about is seeing your kid sick and sad and miserable. We all know Rian has had his hard times and for the most part he is in the clear and "normal" by all accounts. We get to thinking..he will be alright and then nothing major happens but he develops a cough, no big deal we send him to daycare, then he comes home and BAM...has pink eye. WTF. They don't warn you to keep your kids locked in a bubble in order to stay away from all germies. He has had a runny nose and made me sad, but he just had a cold till yesterday. Its days like RC texting me to tell me that Rian woke up with his poor little eye covered in gunk and telling him "daddy my eye", that just make my heart sad. It makes me realize that he is NORMAL, but we are also extra sensitive to when he has a cold.

Example. Yesterday I called about his cough. This was BEFORE I even knew he may get Pink Eye. Said he had a cough for a couple days, no fever as of yet but wanted to get him looked at. As we all know, last time we went through this he ended up with pneumonia literally overnight. So we are a little cautious. We are going to a new doctor here in CA so they have NO idea how we are, told us they would call us back if the doctor wanted to see us. They called back an hour later and said "the doctor doesn't feel as though his syptoms warrant a visit, its just a common cold, call us in two weeks if the cough persists". Seriously. WTF. I mean I get it, any other kid, a cold is a cold, they get over it. A cold for Rian is not SEVERE but can turn severe if not treated, looked into etc. THey just don't get it. I cried. I literally cried when I got off the phone. I just wanted my old doctors back. Then of course, almost as if someone KNEW I was upset about not getting an appointment they came down, and POOF, gave Rian Pink Eye. Haha. I know it sounds silly but honestly this is a blessing in a VERY odd and miserable disguise. He know gets to get seen, he now gets to have his chest listened to and of course get his eye taken care of. I mean I know you are probably reading this thinking "crazy mom". I get it. Before Rian I probably would have said the same thing. I look at things soo differnet now.

Anywho, the good news is, he most likely does just have a cold and now of course, pink eye. He will get antibiotics and maybe even a whooping cough vaccine that they REFUSED to give us before because they didnt have his records inputted yet...and perhaps now I will sleep easier knowing I have a "normal/sick kid" Haha.

On a lighter less "crazy mom" note here are two pics from the pumpkin patch field trip he went on. He probably got licked in the eye by a goat who licked itself or ate poop off the floor (the goat, not Rian) and thats how he got pink eye. Gross. LOL.



And of course as if I am not already a proud mommy and proud "honorary aunt" I am also a "real aunt" and no this does not mean I love my "honorary nephews" any less...but I have had plenty of time to gush over them so for today...here is a pic of our newest Nephew. Collin is healthy and at home, mommy is tired and I am sure...greatful for Grandmas help. I am of course jealous that I am not there holding him and squishing his chubby little cheeks! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails