Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Undies.

Well, it is official. Our little man is in big boy undies. Has been now for a couple weeks but didn't want to jinx it. He now pees in the potty, holds his pee during car trips, stays dry when he sleeps and even has attempted poop. ALTHOUGH he has also had accidents with poop (just once so far) but hey...that is pretty damn good for just being 3 weeks into it.

One morning during a busy weekend I was told by my little man that he did not like diapers anymore.

His exact words "this diaper is disgusting!"

Haha, so I took it off of him and slapped him in a pullup, which apparently to a kid (not to this momma) is totally different than a diaper. He still had an accident and so I took it off of him and decided to let him run around in the nude. The girls wont home with me so I figured it was fine, the first hour I asked him every 10 minutes if he needed to go potty to which he always politely responded "no I'm fine". I thought that was too cute! Then all of the sudden, I turn around and wouldn't ya know it, he is going to do the potty on his own, staring down in sheer amazement. I love this kid, and his joy to pee in the potty was pretty much the best thing ever! I was so proud of him! He went the rest of the day, then the rest of the weekend, then he went to school and had two days with no accidents, then the only accident he had was cause he was to close to the edge of the potty and it aimed right at his pants (but technically he was ON the potty so really...not an accident as far as I'm concerned). Now here we are three weeks later and he is a potty trained TWO year old. WOOHOO. Yes I cheat and although he will be 3 soon enough, my little man learned at 2!!!

Well here is to one super naked weekend and a super awesome potty trained boy a few weeks later!!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails